Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Venue: Marigold Restaurant


Hello bridal world. This is Grace from Vale Of Enna here (the floral girl) and I absolutely adore Indian food. Not to mention, Indian culture, fashion, music, and their women. Yes, I am a woman declaring love for other women, but I'm convinced that they are the most beautiful of women. Come to think of it, their men are beautiful, too.

But I digress. When Sarah at Hanuri told me about Marigold, I loved the idea. It was only solidified when I checked out their website: http://www.marigoldrestaurant.com. (Sadly, I missed the meeting that allowed us to tour the space). Nevertheless, you can tell that the decor will be tasteful, modern and...Indian. For a floral designer (who loves India) this is delightful news. Oh the possibilities! The colors! All the elegant funk I can do!

One of our many creative geniuses, Sarak K from Truly Smitten, designed a brilliant banner and logo with fuchsia/eggplant and marigold accents, which fit so beautifully with the restaurant and the general feel of the event.

Which then puts lots of pressure (albeit lovely pressure) on me to match all this asian, modern, elegant splendor. I'm presently wracking my brain and my heart, as well as the internet and my design books, to see what would work best. If there are any requests for flowers you'd love to see at this event, let us know!

In the meantime, check out Marigold! Their website AND restaurant. Our event won't be featuring their food, but it is reputed to be delicious (the Atelier team will be eating there soon! Swoon.).

No comments: